In developing the new
“We never rest on our laurels,” explains Pascal Zurlinden, Director GT Factory Motorsport. “We’ve extensively analysed all factory and customer campaigns with the
New flat engine with larger displacement
In terms of the drivetrain,
With the repositioning of the tailpipes, space has been made for an optimised diffuser. The distinctive component at the rear of the
Focus on the work of drivers and mechanics
Driveability and serviceability are critical factors in long-distance racing. For this reason,
To give drivers added protection, the active and passive safety elements in the
First race outing in September 2019
“We’ve been working on the concept of the new
World premiere at Goodwood
The most spectacular 911 of all time makes its world premiere on 6 July at the Goodwood Festival of Speed (Great Britain). The
For the first time, the factory race cars from Weissach will be decked out in two different designs: The typical
• Single-seater race car for the FIA GTE category (USA: GTLM)
• Base weight: ca. 1,245 kg
• Length: 4,593 mm (without splitter, rear wing, diffuser)
• Width: 2,042 mm (front axle) / 2,050 mm (rear axle)
• Wheelbase: 2,513 mm
• Water-cooled six-cylinder boxer, positions in front of the rear axle; capacity 4,194 cc, stroke 81.5 mm, bore 104.5 mm; ca. 378 kW (515 hp) depending of restrictor; 4-valve technology; direct fuel injection; dry sump lubrication; single mass flywheel; power output limitation via restrictor; electronic throttle; side-exit exhaust system.
• Weight-optimised six-speed sequential constant-mesh gearbox; two-shaft longitudinal layout with bevel gear; shifting via electronic shift actuator; shift paddles on the steering wheel; magnesium gearbox casing; multi-disc self-locking differential with visco unit; three disc carbon race clutch.
• Weight-optimised bodyshell in aluminium-steel composite design; removable roof hatch; FT3 fuel cell in front of the car; welded-in roll cage; seat pursuant to FIA 8862-2009; rigidly mounted to the chassis; six-point safety harness for use with HANS®; longitudinally adjustable pedalry; aerodynamically-optimised and quick-release body components made of CFRP; rear wing with “swan neck” mounts; four-post air jack system with safety pressure valve; electronically activated fire extinguisher system; heated windscreen.
• Double wishbone front axle; four-way vibration damper; with coil spring setup; anti-roll bars, adjustable by blade position; electro-hydraulic power steering.
• Integrated rear-axle subframe with double wishbone axle; four-way vibration damper; with coil spring setup; anti-roll bars, adjustable by blade positions; electro-hydraulic power steering; tripod drive shafts.
• Two independent brake circuits for front and rear axle, adjustable via balance bar.
• One piece aluminium six-piston racing callipers with quick release coupling; internally ventilated steel brake discs, 390 mm diameter; race brake pads; optimised brake cooling ducts.
• One piece aluminium four-piston racing callipers with quick release coupling; internally ventilated steel brake discs, 355 mm diameter; race brake pads; optimised brake cooling ducts.
Wheels / Tyres
• One piece forged light alloy wheels, 12.5Jx18 offset 25 with centre lock nut and wheel nuts; Michelin slick 30/68-18.
• One piece forged light alloy wheels, 13Jx18 offset 37 with centre lock nut and wheel nuts; Michelin slick 31/71-18.
• Cosworth Central Logger Unit; CFRP multi-functional steering wheel with integrated display; shift paddles and quick release; Collision Avoidance System; controlled alternator in connection with LiFePo4 battery; LED headlights; LED taillights plus rain light; illuminated car number and leader light system; black light inside cockpit; electric adjustable wing mirrors with memory function; tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS); drink system; air conditioning system; membrane switch panel on centre console with fluorescent labelling.
© 2020 All rights reserved to
*Data determined in accordance with the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) as required by law. You can find more information on WLTP at www.porsche.com/wltp. For Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) range and Equivalent All Electric Range (EAER) figures are determined with the battery fully charged, using a combination of both battery power and fuel.
Values are provided for comparison only. To the extent that fuel and energy consumption or CO₂ values are given as ranges, these do not relate to a single, individual car and do not constitute part of the offer. Optional features and accessories can change relevant vehicle parameters such as weight, rolling resistance and aerodynamics which may result in a change in fuel or energy consumption and CO₂ values. Vehicle loading, topography, weather and traffic conditions, as well as individual driving styles, can all affect the actual fuel consumption, energy consumption, electrical range, and CO₂ emissions of a car.
** Important information about the all-electric